CBSE Class 11 Physics MCQs Set 5 with answers available in Pdf for free download. The MCQ Questions for Class 11 Physics with answers have been prepared as per the latest 2021 syllabus, NCERT books and examination pattern suggested in Standard 11 by CBSE, NCERT and KVS. Multiple Choice Questions for important part of exams for Grade 11 Physics and if practiced properly can help you to get higher marks. Refer to more Chapter wise MCQs for NCERT Class 11 Physics and also download more latest study material for all subjects
1. T is the period of oscillation for a spring-mass system on earth. Its period on moon is...
A. T B. 6T C. T/6 D. √ 6T
2. In a stretched string, the speed of waves depends on...
A. the tension in the string B. the amplitude
C. the wavelength D. the acceleration due to gravity
3. For a plane curved path with radius of curvature R without slope the maximum safe velocity of the vehicle(v) is proportional to...
A. R B. R2 C. √R D. 1/R
4. Two projectiles A and B are projected with same initial velocity. The direction of A makes an angle αA = π/4 with the horizontal.The direction of B makes an angle αB with the horizontal. The range of A will be double that of B for αB equal to...
A. π/8 B. π/2 C. π/3 D. π/12
5. A frictionless heat engine can be 100% efficient only its exhaust temperature is...
A. equal to its input temperature B. 0°C
C. less than the input temperature D. 0 K
6. The resistance of conductor is R. The resistance of another conductor of identical material and equal length with twice the diameter is...
A. R/4 B. R/2 C. 2R D. 4R
7. The magnitude of the magnetic field B at a point on the axis near the centre of the infinitely long solenoid having n turns per unit length and carrying a current I is given by...
A. μnI B. μI/n C. (μnI)/4π D. μI/4πn
8. The impedance of a circuit does not depend on...
A. f B. I C. C D. R
9. Shadows are never completely dark because of...
A. interference B. diffraction C. polarization D. reflection
10. Threshold frequency is the characteristic of...
A. the incident radiation B. the emitted electrons
C. the metal D. both radiation and the metal
11. In the hydrogen spectrum,the seriesv obtained in the visible region is...
A. Balmer series B. Lyman series C. Paschen series D. Brackett series
12. Out of four different atoms:46A22, 48B22, 46C23, 44D20, the pair of isotones is...
A. A and B B. B and C C. A and C D. A and D
13. In a common-base circuit, the current gain is...
A. 0 B. 1 C. less than 1 D. greater than 1
14. The magnitude of the resultant of two forces is a minimum when the angle between them is...
A. 0° B. 45° C. 90° D. 180°
15. Work done on the particle in uniform circular motion is...
A. always positive B. always negative C. always zero D. directly proportional to the force
16. An 800-kg car moving at 80 kmph collides head-on with a 1200-kg car moving at 40 kmph. If they stick together, the wreckage now has an initial speed of...
A. 8 kmph
B. 40 kmph
C. 56 kmph
D. 60 kmph
17. Fluids possess...
A. only volume elasticity
B. rigidity and volume elasticity
C. only rigidity
D. volume elasticity and tensile elasticity
18. A water-proofing agent...
A. reduces angle of contact
B. increases angle of contact
C. decreases surface tension
D. increases surface area
19. A certain container holds 1 kg air at atmospheric pressure. When an additional 1 kg of air is pumped into the container at constant temperature, the pressure is...
A. 0.5 atm
B. 1 atm
C. 2 atm
D. 4 atm
20. If Q is the charge on either of the plates of the capacitor and V is the potential difference across the capacitor with capacitance C, what is not true is...
A. C = Q/V
B. V α Q
C. Q/V = constant
D. VQ = constant
21. The origin of all magnetic fields lies in...
A. atoms of iron
B. magnetic domains
C. moving charges
D. permanent magnets
22. The effective atmosphere of sun is called...
23. A 4 litre gas cylinder contains neon gas at 12 kPa. Another cylinder with 8 litre capacity is at same temperature and contains argon gas at 24 kPa. When the two are connected, the total pressure will be...
A. 16 kPa
B. 18 kPa
C. 20 kPa
D. 36 kPa
24. Eddy currents can be of use in...
A. dynamo armatures
B. moving coil galvanometers
C. transformer cores
D. all of the above.
25. A tube closed at one end and containing air, produces the fundamental note of frequency 512 Hz when excited. If the tube is open at both ends, the fundamental frequency that can be excited in Hz is...
26. The process by which a heavy nucleus splits into two nuclei is known as...
27. A uniform chain of length L and mass M is lying on a smooth table and one-third of its length is hanging vertically down over the edge of the table. If 'g' is the acceleration due to gravity, the work required to pull the hanging parton to the table is...
28. Out of the following which is the most elastic ?
29. Amagat's isothermal graphs are in the form of...
30. An ideal heat engine absorbs heat at 127° and rejects heat at 77°. Efficiency of the engine is...
Click for more Physics Study Material ›
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Physical World MCQs Set A|
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Physical World MCQs Set B|
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Mechanical Properties of Fluids MCQs|
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Thermal Properties of Matter MCQs|
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Thermodynamic MCQs|
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Kinetic Theory MCQs|
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Oscillations MCQs|
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Waves MCQs|
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Units and Measurements MCQs|
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Motion in a Straight Line MCQs|
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Motion in a Plane MCQs|
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Laws of Motion MCQs|
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Work Energy and Power MCQs|
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Systems of Particles and Rotational Motion MCQs|
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Gravitation MCQs|
|CBSE Class 11 Physics Mechanical Properties of Solids MCQs|