WBJEE or West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination is an offline test conducted by the West Bengal Entrance Examination Board. It is given by candidates for many Private and Governmental Engineering colleges of Bengal state of India. WBJEE is conducted once in a year for getting admission in BTech, BPharma and BArch courses. The duration of WBJEE is 2 hours 30 minutes and expected in the month of February.
- Nationality: Candidate should have a Indian Nationality. He/ she must be Indian.
- Minimum and maximum age limit: Candidate must be of at least 17 years while there is no upper age limit. But in the case of Marine Engineering the upper age limit is 25 years.
- Qualifying education: Candidate must have passed 12th Standard or Equivalent with- Mathematics and Physics with anyone of the compulsory subjects: Chemistry / Biology/ Biotechnology / Computer Science/ Computer Application. Also, students have to pass the above subjects individually in Practical & theory. Also students appearing for the class 12th can also apply for WBJEE entrance test.
- Domicile Eligibility: Candidate must be a resident of West Bengal for 10 consecutive years as on December 31. 2019.
- Also candidate out of the state (West Bengal) can also apply for WBJEE entrance exam.
- But the candidate should be domicile of Bengal for the admission in Government engineering or Technology colleges of State. Same apply for reserved seats as well.
- Scholarships through allotment of Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW) are also for the resident candidates.
Exam Pattern for WBJEE
In WBJEE exam there will be two papers i.e. Paper 1 (Mathematics) and Paper 2 ( Physics and Chemistry)
Paper 1 and Paper 2 allow eligibility for admission- Engineering, Technology, Architecture and Pharmacy programs.
Only Paper 2 allow admission – Pharmacy Program
Only Paper 1 doesn’t allow admission in any programs