The National Level Science Talent Search Examination known as NSTSE is one of the well-known and talent-searching examinations, which helps students to measure their academic intelligence. The NSTSE is conducted by the Unified Council yearly.
NSTSE is a diagnostic test that helps the students develop their overall learning ability and achievement in school. … Exams such as AIEEE, IIT-JEE, AIIMS, AFMC, GRE, GMAT, CAT, etc. are designed to test a student’s fundamental strength.
NSTSE provides for the “Science Skill Search Examination at the national level. It is a scientifically designed skill-based evaluation established for Indian schools in India, after a detailed study of the Central and different State Boards ‘ syllabi.
If we compare NSTSE to other tests, this test gives an overall idea of the student’s progress. The type of questions asked in NSTSE provides a clearer image of how well a student has understood the concepts.
NSTSE exam is a national level talent search exam with unique problem-solving. While other all India science talent examinations are intended to test how much a student has learned or memorized, it aims to tap the ability to think fundamentally and think logically. The level of questions asked in the NTSE exam gives a clearer idea of how well an applicant has understood the concepts.
If you want to know more about the NSTSE exam such as syllabus details, exam pattern, marking distribution, NSTSE exam highlights, preparation tips for the NSTSe exam please read the full article here we are providing you all details of NSTSE exam.
Application fee details of NSTSE Exam
Overview of NSTSE Exam
|Objective||NSTSE is a diagnostic test which helps the students develops their overall learning ability and achievement in school|
|Eligibility||Class 2 and 12 students|
|Application process||Online application at Unified Council|
|Exam organizer||Unified Council|
|Awards||Up to INR 2 lakhs|
Syllabus and exam pattern details of NSTSE
NSTSE exam is based on the CBSE syllabus, Students of classes 2nd and 10th, the students of Class 11th (PCM and PCB), students of class 12th (PCM and PCB), are eligible to participate in this examination. here we are providing you a syllabus and exam pattern details of the NSTSE exam.
|Class||No. of questions||Marks|
|4th – 12th||100 each||100 each|
Class-wise marks distribution
|General Science||25 marks|
|General Science||35 marks|
Class 4 and class 5
|General Science||45 marks|
|General Questions||10 marks|
Classes 6 to 10
Classes 11 and 12 (PCM)
|General Questions||10 marks|
The NSTSE exam is two-level examination level I and level II. There is a little bit difference between level 1st and level 2nd. The 1st level process conducted at the schools and some selected test centers. Top 500 students from class 2 to class 12 participants in level 1st. and top 20 students in each class selected for the 2nd level of NSTSE.
The 2nd level is a little bit though compare then level 1st. 2nd level is conducted at the nearest headquarters. After these both level processes the final result of NSTSE is declared. The level 2 is not eligible for 1st standard students.
NSTSE Exam highlights
|Full name exam||National Level Science Talent Search Examination|
|Conducting authority||Unified Council|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Level of exam||Intermediate|
|Languages of exam||English|
|Mode of application||Offline/Online|
|Mode of exam||Offline|
|Exam Duration||1 Hour|
Application Process of NSTSE
NSTSE registration is a two-type process Students who want to register online and pay online via net banking, debit card or credit card can do so on an individual basis. The other way is to enroll through the schools The NSTSE application form 2020 can be received from the school here, filled out and submitted there.
Students must make payment for this, as instructed by the school after that the school must submit the fee via Demand Draft (DD) for all students appearing from the school.
Here’s the step-by-step guide for registering for the NSTSE 2020 exam:
- Visit the official website-www.unifiedcouncil.com now,
- Read all the information and choose the choice to register for.
- Click on the respective Registration link
- Just fill out the specifics and apply the information correctly.
- Pay the required fee online on registration.
Application fee details of NSTSE Exam
|OBC, General||PWD||Online||Transgender, Female, male||Rs. 300|
|OBC, SC, General, ST||PWD||Offline||Transgender, Female, Male||Rs. 150|
Eligibility criteria of NSTSE exam
- According to the NSTSE eligibility criteria, those students who are studying in Class 2nd to class 12th are eligible for this exam.
- Class XI and XII students (both PCB and PCM) are able to appear for the NSTSE 2020 test. There is however no 10 + 2 PCMB group examination.
Preparation tips for NSTSE exam
We all know the NSTSE is a national level examination. And every exam needs some proper strategy which helps students crack every exam and get good marks in results. There are some useful and very helpful preparation tips that will help every student for the preparation of the NTSE exam.
- The students must get a good understating of the syllabus and exam pattern of NSTSE exam. Without knowing the syllabus details and exam pattern of any exam you cannot do preparation. By knowing the NSTSE syllabus, the students will gain a full insight into all the topics and marking scheme from which examination questions are produced.
- This is the most important step for preparing for the exam is a proper timetable. Create a detailed timetable and study plan because the proper study plan is very important. Analyze the syllabus and exam pattern make a detailed schedule before starting your preparation. Before start preparation student should have knowledge of the whole syllabus and about the NTSE exam pattern.
- Do practice as much you can do. Candidates will take the best practice tests available on the internet. Try to resolve the mock test in the prescribed time. You can also test the performance using a simulated examination Last year’s surveys are also suitable for preparing for exams Candidates must answer the previous year’s question papers which will enable them to familiarize themselves with the exam format.
- In the study, answering the issue paper will also give them an idea of the order of the questions the difficulty level and the weightage of the question. They can also test their weak and strong parts by solving a mock exams.
- All of the aspirants need to know the best NTSE 2020 books While picking up NTSE’s focused study material, one wouldn’t waste time learning what isn’t required for this specific test, as NTSE’s syllabus contains Class 9th and Class 10th syllabuses, but some topics aren’t that relevant, so one can relate to those books when planning for the exam.
- Revision is one of the most important methods of learning Students need to focus on the books review papers concepts and study online. It helps you a lot in getting the good rank of the test, the application-based and analytical topics are mostly studied during revision time.
- If you want the exam to be accurate, you need to do a thorough review and several revisions. It will allow you to recall the principles and boost the skill in fixing the problems of the document. It will boost your confidence and give you a clear idea of the areas you need to concentrate further.