NEET is the entrance exam for admission to MBBS, BDS, Ayush and other Medical courses. NEET 2020 eligibility criteria are specified by National Testing Agency which has to be met by all the medical candidates. The eligibility is in terms of Qualifying exam, pass percentage, Nationality, Age limit, Number of attempts likewise. Before there were restrictions on the candidates age limit, subject and type of school. But now all these restrictions are removed. Now, the upper age criteria no longer exist and having biology as an additional subject is allowed. Also, candidate studied from Open school are now eligible to apply for the NEET exam.
Eligibility to appear for Exam
Firstly, candidate should be – Citizen of India, Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs), Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs) Or foreign nationals.
This entrance exam is necessary for that candidate who wishes to study medicine in India. And for those candidates who want to study medicine abroad but will come back to India for practicing.
Other parameters of Eligibility are:
- Candidate must have passed class 12th or Equivalent with subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Biotechnology and also English from a recognized Board
- Candidate who are appearing for class 12 or equivalent exams are also eligible to appear for NEET 2020 exam
- Minimum age: Students must have completed 17 years as on December 32, 2020
- Maximum age limit is not yet set
- The marks for each Category are different.
Here, only aggregate marks are considered for PCB students
- The maximum number of attempts a student can give has no limit
Qualifying Marks for NEET 2020
- Candidate must have passed in Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Biotechnology and English in Class 12 or equivalent.
- Unreserved category must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Biotechnology in class 12 or HSC exams
- Foreign/ NRI candidate must fulfil the criteria of – passing the class 12 or equivalent exam in their respective country.
- NEET 2020 qualified candidate can apply for 15% All India Quota seats, 100% of the seats in Deemed universities as well as Central Universities, ESIC and AFMCA.
- 85% seats of DU will be available to candidates who have completed Class 10 and 12 from Delhi.
J&K candidates are not eligible for 15% All India Quota seats unless they have filled a self-declaration form to be submitted along with the NEET 2020 application form.