NDA or National Defence Academy exam is an offline national level exam organised by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission). NDA examination offers admission in Arts, Science and Engineering. This test is held twice a year in the months of April and November. Candidates first have to qualify the written test with minimum marks then only they can appear for SSB interview round for NDA Selection Process.
Eligibility for NDA Exam
- Candidate’s minimum age should be 16 years while maximum age should be 19 years.
- Candidate must have passed class 12th or equivalent examination of State board
- BA eligibility: passed 12th standard and should qualify NDA and NA entrance exam
- BSc and BTech (Mechanical engineering/ Computer Science & IT/ Applied Electronics/ Communication): passed 12th standard with Physics & Mathematics as mandatory subjects. Also, qualify NDA and NA entrance exam.
Candidate offered admission in the different engineering courses through NDA or NA
- Candidate should first clear the NDA entrance exam which is held twice in the year i.e. NDA I &NDA II
- After candidate clear the NDA exam, they have to appear for SSB Interview. SSB or Service Selection board is a five day process. The candidate gets scheduled according to their rank obtained in NDA or ND entrance exam.
- SSB interview takes place in two stages which are below:
Stage I -Screening Round: this round is conducted on the first day of the interview. In it two tests are conducted i.e.
- Officer Intelligence Rating Test (OIR)
- Picture Perception and Discussion (PPDT)
These round test general aptitude, reasoning, and intelligence of the candidate.
Stage II- those candidates who clear the previous stage will only be applicable for this round. In this round candidate have to devote the rest of the 4 days and have to give –
- 1. Psychological Testing
- Personal Interview
- Ground Tasks Officer (GTO)
- Conference Round
- Medical Testing: those candidates who successfully qualify the above rounds will then have to appear before a Medical Board for a week. There will be a long medical testing.
- Final Selection: then a merit list is prepared of the selected candidate through recommendation from SSB and Medical board.