Maharashtra Common Entrance Exam (MHT-CAT)

The MHT-CET is a Common Entrance exam conducted by the government of Maharashtra. This test offers admission into B.E/B.Tech, B.Pharmacy and Agriculture courses in 300 institutes of the state.

Latest News MHT-CAT

Find out latest update regarding MHT-CAT exam

MHT-CAT Study Material

All study materials for your preparation

All about MHT-CAT

Maharashtra Common Entrance Exam

How to prepare MHT-CAT

Effective Preparation Tips & Strategies

MHT-CAT FAQs

A list of Frequently Ask Questions

MHT-CAT Eligibility Criteria

Nationality and Age Limit

  • The candidates should be of Indian nationality.

  • There is no age limit for the candidates.

Qualifying Examination

  • The candidates should have completed their 12th standard or equivalent examination from a recognized board/university with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
  • Those who will be appearing for the qualifying exam in 2020 will also be eligible

Marks Required

  • General category candidates should have secured minimum 50% aggregate marks in 12th standard examination (45% for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates).

MHT-CET Examination

The MHT-CET is a Common Entrance exam conducted by the government of Maharashtra. This test offers admission into B.E/B.Tech, B.Pharmacy and Agriculture courses in 300 institutes of the state. This is an online paper of 200 questions with application form available in the month of January and exam held in April in two slots once in a year. The results are announced in the month of June and answer key is also made available by the month of May. For admission in different programs candidate also have to meet the cut offs. The cut offs are released after every round of seat allotment by DTE Maharashtra.

Eligibility for MHT-CET

Following is the eligibility according to the MHT-CET 2020-

  • Candidate should be a Indian Citizen
  • Required qualification: candidate must have passed class 12th or equivalent exam with Physics and Mathematics and a compulsory subject from among- Chemistry/ biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical/ Vocational.
  • Candidates who are appearing for the required exams are also eligible for MHT-CET
  • Minimum marks: general candidates must have secured at least 50% marks while for reserved and person with disability category, it’s at least 45% marks.
  • Age limit: there is no such age limit for giving MHT-CET.
  • Female candidate is not eligible for- Mining Engineering program.

 

Candidates can visit the official website of MHT-CET for eligibility of individual courses.

 

Exam pattern for MHT-CET

 

  • MHT-CET is a computer based exam which includes: Paper 1 i.e. Mathematics

             Paper 2 i.e. Physics & Chemistry and Paper 3 includes Biology- Zoology& Botany.

  • The questions in the MHT-CET exam are according to the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and HSE.
  • 80% weight age in the exam is from Class 12th course while remaining 20% covers the Class 11th
  • Paper 1: for each correct answer +2 marks is awarded.

              Paper 2 & 3:  for each correct 1 mark is added.

              There is no negative marking in MHT-CET

 

Below are the details of the MHT-CET paper in a Tabular form

Subject

Class 12th

Class 11th

Total Marks

Time allocated

maths

10

40

2

90

Physics

10

40

1

90

Chemistry

10

40

Biology( Botany)

10

40

1

90

Biology( zoology)

10

40