KCET also known as Karnataka Common Entrance Test is conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) in the month of April for admission in Engineering, B.Pharm and Farm Science programs. KCET exam offers admission in different Government/ Private Universities of the Karnataka State. Candidate can start applying for the exam from January onwards. KCET offers various Engineering and Health sciences courses. Some of the Health sciences programs are below:
BSc Agri BioTech
BHSc (Home Science)
BSc (Agri Marketing & Co-Op)
Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani and Homoeopathy (AYUSH)
Eligibility for KCET exam
Below will the eligibility criteria according to KCET exam 2020:
- Candidate should be the citizen of India especially for admission in Government universities of Karnataka.
- Required Qualification: candidate must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent/PUC exam. Qualification required for different courses vary.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying exam are also eligible
- Karnataka State Open University (KSOU) candidates are not eligible for the KCET exam
- Candidate must have passed the exams with compulsory subjects -Physics and Mathematics while any one of the following- chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology, Electronics, Computer. Candidate can check the educational eligibility of each course on the website kea.kar.nic.in
Exam Pattern of KCET
The following are the details of the exam pattern of KCET 2020. By knowing about the exam pattern, the candidate can be able to get familiar with the particulars like mode, duration, section, marking scheme etc.
- KCET exam includes Objective type questionse. candidate will be given multiple options and they have to choose the correct answer
- KCET exam is an offline exam and students have to mark the correct option with black or blue ballpoint pen.
- KCET exam has no negative Marking
- language of the question paper is English & Kannada
- Below is the pattern of KCET exam
No. of Questions