Joint Entrance Examination (JEE-Main) is also called as All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE), is basically an examination organised on national Level for admission in Undergraduate Engineering and Architecture courses. JEE Main gives access to various engineering colleges in India like NITs, GFTIs, IITs, etc. JEE Main is given by science students of Class 11th and 12th. Candidate can opt for any or both the paper. Paper 1 is for the admission in BE/B.Tech and Paper 2 is for the admission in B.Arch / B.Planning. JEE Main is the objective type exam of 3 hours for each paper. From 2019 NTA (National Testing Agency) conduct it twice a year through online mode. There is no as such cut offs or qualifying marks but all candidate will be allotted a rank.
JEE Main Changes
- JEE Main 2020 application fees have been increased for general and all reserved categories.
- Payment will be done through Online Mode only.
- BArch and BPlan will be two papers and their question papers will be separate.
- The Total number of questions has been reduced to 75 in JEE Main 2020 exam. From 90 questions for BE/BTech
- JEE Main 2020 will be having Numerical questions for this exam.
- JEE Main 2020 will be conducted in three papers. They are:
- E. / B.Tech. (Paper 1): include Physics, Chemistry, and Math test. These three parts will be conducted in online mode only.
- Arch (paper 2): Include Mathematics and aptitude test. These part 1 and part 2 will be conducted in online mode while drawing will be offline on drawing sheet.
- Planning (Paper 3): Include Mathematics, Aptitude test and Planning based questions will be held on computers only
JEE Mains & JEE advanced Difference
JEE Main and JEE Advanced both are the entrance exams conducted at National level for giving admission to students in elite engineering institute of India but JEE Main is conducted by NTA () & IITs and candidate is first required to give JEE Main exam. Only candidates who qualify JEE Main can give JEE Advanced. Although both held in Paper 1 and Paper 2. A candidate can give JEE Main only three times in their life while JEE Advanced can give twice in consecutive years.