Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) also known as Indian Institute of Technology-Joint Entrance Examination (IIT-JEE) is an engineering entrance examination for different engineering colleges in India. This exam allows candidates to take admission in all 23 IITs and do Bachelor’s, Integrated Master’s and Dual degree programs. JEE Advanced 2020 will be conducted under the guidance of Joint Admission Board (JAB) on May 17, 2020. Students who qualify the JEE Main will only be able to give JEE Advanced. The application form for this exam is available in the first week of May in online mode.
- JEE Main: firstly should have qualified the prior exam i.e. JEE Main, then only candidate can appear for JEE Advanced. Candidate should be All India Rank Holder among top 2, 50, 000 rankers.
- Number of Attempts by candidate: any person can give 2 attempts in 2 consecutive years.
- Age Limit: there is no age limit being set
- Candidate who are in class 12th or equivalent can also appear for the JEE Advanced exam.
- Earlier Admissions in IITs: Students who has rejected IIT seat earlier are not eligible. Those who have joined any preparatory courses in previous sessions of IITs are eligible.
- Candidate must have 75% aggregate marks in class XII or equivalent. While for SC, ST and PWD it should be at least 65%.
JEE Advanced is a 3 hours computer based exam in English and Hindi. Paper I has timing of 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. while Paper II has 2.00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. This exam has MCQs, Numeric valued based questions. The Marking scheme of this exam includes 1, 0 or partial marks. Courses one can apply through this exam are:
- Bachelors – Btech , BS of 4 year
- BArch (5 year)
- Dual degree- BTech, MTech, BS, MS (5 year)
- Integrated Masters- MTech, MSc, Dual degree (5 year)
JEE Advanced paper has three separate sections in each paper i.e. Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Both the paper I and paper II are of 3 hours each. These papers has total of 54 questions of 186 marks each. Candidate is expected to do prior registration by filling out the application form. Then after filing form, required documents should be uploaded. Lastly pay application fee. Admit cards are available in the third of May itself on the official website of JEE Advanced jeeadv.ac.in