The International Commerce Olympiad (ICO) is conducted by the Commerce Teachers Foundation (CTF), a nonprofit and voluntary organisation. It has aim of offering professional excellence of the commerce teacher’s fraternity to the education world. The ICO held in all the CBSE affiliated schools every year for class 11 and 12. It helps students to get familiar with competitive exams atmosphere as after passing out students will be give different entrance exams. The CTF works towards identifying talent in Commerce subjects and offering an open platform of competition to all students.
- To develop a feel for competitive exam like BBA or Foundation exam conducted by ICSI & other such exams.
- To encourage the students to think beyond the textual knowledge
- All students from Class 11 and 12 are eligible for the International Commerce Olympiad (ICO)
- The CTF have certain criteria regarding the minimum numbers of entries from school.
- International Commerce Olympiad (ICO) is an Objective type exam (MCQs).
- For every correct answer candidate will be given 1 mark while there is a negative marking of 0.25 for every incorrect answer
- Duration of International Commerce Olympiad (ICO) is 2 hours
- The maximum marks of ICO is 100 Marks
- The complete syllabus can be downloaded from http://www.ctf.org.in/
Subjects and its distribution
Reasoning and Intelligence
- The candidates have to register on the official website for this exam
- Details like- Name, Class, mobile number is to be filled
- Candidates should take the print out of receipt and other forms after marking the required payments and keep them for future reference
Candidates should start preparation from NCERT books for ICO exam and then they can also prepare from many ICO recommended books. But first try to clear all the basic concepts by making notes from a textbook. Then students can start with time bound mock test as ICO is of 2 hours only. Sample papers and previous year’s papers are advisable to solve before the exam as it helps in getting familiar with pattern for the exam.
- Cash Prize to overall Toppers (Vanijya Shree)
- Merit Certificate shall be given to all those who secure 60% and above
- Participation Certificate shall be given to all those who secure 33% to 59%
- Top three students from each school for each class will be awarded with Medals (Gold,Silver & Bronze)
- Certificate of Appreciation to coordinators and concerned Accountancy and Business Studies teachers
- Overall three toppers of the Olympiad of class XI and XII shall be honoured separately with the title “Vanijya Shree”
- Top three schools will receive a trophy for the maximum participation
A topper with a minimum score of 60% marks in each class (from each school) will make the candidate eligible for a Trophy and Certificate of Excellence.