BITSAT (Birla Institute of Technology and Science) is an online entrance exam conducted by the Birla Institute for admissions in undergraduate engineering courses. This exam offers courses at BITS in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses. BITSAT 2020 will be held in the month of May 16 to 30, 2020. Candidate who has chances of less marks in JEE Main they can give BITSAT and can secure seat in best institutes. State Board toppers are offered direct admissions. These candidates are provided with 100%, 75%, and 50% of first semester. It provides 2000 seats and admission will be given on merit i.e. score obtained by the candidate in the BITSAT exam.
- Eligibility for each course are different and the same can be checked on the official website i.e. bitsadmission.com
- Minimum of 75% aggregate marks in Physics, chemistry, maths in Class 12th
- Minimum of 60% marks in individual subjects of PCM in Class 12th
- Aggregate score of 1600 (out of 2400) in SAT
- Minimum aggregate score of 1600 (0ut of 2400) in SAT test in Physics, Chemistry, and maths level 2.
This exam offers admission in three campuses of BITS which offers BE/B.Tech/Msc etc programs. For this exam it is always advisable to follow NCERT books of Class 11 and 12 and 65% of questions are asked from Class 12th.
Each correct answer is awarded with 3 Marks while there is a negative marking of 1 mark for any wrong answers. The time duration is 3 hours and there is no limit for individual parts of the test. All questions are of Objective type and candidate has to solve 150 questions. Students are not allowed to give BITSAT twice in the same year. The cut off for BITSAT is expected to keep changing. BITSAT has easier questions as compared to other engineering exams like JEE Main.