CBSE Class 11 English Writing Concepts (Part A). Learning the important concepts is very important for every student to get better marks in examinations. The concepts should be clear which will help in faster learning. The attached concepts made as per NCERT and CBSE pattern will help the student to understand the chapter and score better marks in the examinations.
Q3. : Advertisement
Point to Remember : Advertisement are of two types -
(i) Classified : Categorised in separate columns, occupy less space, more economical. Written in short phrases and words, Language-simple, concise and compact, give title and contact address.
(ii) Non Classified or Display : Commercial purpose more space, visually attractive, with catchy slogans, Varying font size or shape, (language - colourful), lucid and appealing overall arrangement.
(b) Classified Advertisements are covered under different headings :
- Situation vacant/situation wanted
- Sale and Purchase of Property/vehicles/Household Goods etc.
- Missing persons/ Pet animals.
- Lost and found
- Travels and Tours/Packers and Movers.
- Educational Institution/Language Course/Hobby classes.
- Change in Name
1. Situation Vacant/Wanted
Points to Remember :
- Keep Heading - Situation Vacant/Wanted
- Begin with 'Wanted' or 'Required'
- Mention name of the employee with address.
- Mention the no. of posts lying vacant.
- Mention requried age limit and qualification (educational and professional)
- Pay scale and perks of the post concerned
- Mode of applying and whom to apply
- Time limit for submission of application
- Contact address and Ph. No.
1, You are the principal of Roman Public School. Delhi You need part time teacher to teach dance to the students of your school. Draft an advertisement in not more than 50 words to the published in the Hindustan Times, New Delhi under the classified columns.
2. You are the Manager, Super Software Solution Ltd. Draft an advertisement for your company for the post of Chief Programmer (Solutions) giving details as per your requirement.
3. You are the General Manager of a leading Newspaper. You need an editor for your newspaper. You need an editor for your newspaper. Draft an advertisement in not more than 50 words to be published in the times of India, New Delhi under the classified columns.
4. You are the Principal of a reputed Public School. Draft an advertisement for your school for the post of Maths teacher mentioning all details as per your requirement.
5. Meena Rani of K-7, Sundar Vihar has very good knowledge of classical dances of India. She wants to take classes for the same. Draft a suitable advertisement for Publication in Hobby Classes section of the newspaper in about 50 words.
Please click the link below to download pdf file for CBSE Class 11 English Writing Concepts (Part A).
Click for more English Study Material ›