CBSE Board Practical Exam 2020: Important changes in date sheet, internal/external examiners and more
Are you doing preparations for class 10 and 12 CBSE board exams? If yes, then you have to see what major changes CBSE has brought in the CBSE date sheet for class 10 and 12.
The examination for classes 10 and 12 of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is conducted in 2 parts i.e. practical assessment and theoretical examination. Practical assessment in most core subjects of both classes is often referred to as Internal and External or CBSE Board Practical Examination. Students appearing for the board exams in 2020 should have a look at the date sheet of the CBSE Board Exam 2020 practical papers, changes and evaluation made in the paper pattern and other important changes made by the board.
Also, students may download CBSE Sample Papers for Class 12 and refer them while preparing for the CBSE class 12 board exam.
As per the latest reports, CBSE is planning to conduct the board practical examinations from December 2019. Please note the dates of the board practical examinations or internal assessment for class 10 will be decided by the schools itself. Furthermore, CBSE only provides a special period in which schools have to conduct practical examinations.
This means that the date sheet would be provided by the respective schools only for Board practical examinations 2020. Once the admit card and roll number are issued, the institute will be allotted by CBSE for private students for practical examination. The admit cards or roll numbers will be released online by CBSE in January through its official website: cbse.nic.in.
Download NCERT Solutions for Class 10 in PDF form here or go for online use.
CBSE Board Practical Exam 2020 Class 10 and 12: Important things to know
- According to the new assessment plan, the new internal assessments will bear 20% of the total marks for internal assessment in subjects like mathematics and science. The main subjects for class 10 like Maths, Science, etc. there will be practical examinations with a breakup of 80+20 marks. CBSE will not allot any external examiner for Class 10 practical/internal examinations.
- Apart from this, the marks breakup is of two types depending on the subject- the subjects with 70+30 break up and the subjects with 80+20 break up.
- Students may note that for 70+30 break up is for subjects for which external examiners are appointed to conduct the practical exams at the respective schools.
- However, the CBSE hasn’t taken any decisions regarding the conducting of examinations at other schools. Till now the board plans to conduct practical examinations only in other schools in the state of Delhi as examination centres. The update will be shared by the board soon.
- Until the last year, the evaluation was done externally for 80 + 20 break up students. With the introduction of breakups in almost all subjects including mathematics, sources have shared that the board will only return to internal evaluation as the board plans to scrap the external examiner for 80 + 20 papers.
Moreover, you can also download CBSE Sample Papers for Class 10 in PDF form and refer them while preparing for the CBSE class 10 board exam.
The CBSE circular regarding the proposed changes is still awaited by parents and students. After the information is officially announced, the official website of CBSE will also be updated. The information shared is based on the proposed changes as per the CBSE officials have confirmed in various conversations with different teachers.