According to the recent announcement of CBSE, the pending Class 10 and 12 Board exams are going to be held from 01 July to 15 July 2020 in India. Along with this, it has also been decided to resume the free of cost tele-counseling service for students from 9.30 am to 5.30 pm, 07 Days a Week from 01.06.2020 up to 15.07.2020.
CBSE Psychological helpline will have two features: IVRS and Live counseling which will be available on toll-free number 1800-11-8004. While general queries will be answered by tele operators, 73 counselors and principals will be available for live psychological counseling in India. Although the board will not hold exams in foreign schools, 21 volunteer principals and counselors will however remain available for students outside India at Sultanate Of Oman, Singapore, Qatar, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Japan ,Nepal, Kuwait and USA.
The board will continue to provide the IVRS facility as it has the inherent advantages of accessing prerecorded information anytime, anywhere and even multiple times The students/parents can get information on board exams including tips for better preparation, managing exam anxiety and time, contact details of CBSE offices, FAQ’s.
New Segment on IVRS in Times of COVID
- Important FAQs for students on Exams during Covid-19
- Useful tips for students & parents for exam centers during Covid-19
- Covid -19 Daily Protocol
- Self-care during Covid 19
- Learning from Home in Covid-19 times
The widespread COVID-19 has severely impacted lives and systems across the world. It has prompted the board to provide help for the mental well-being of students and parents amidst cancellation of exams, disruption of regular schooling and compulsory lockdown.
It will be for the fourth time this year that CBSE will be providing the counseling facility.
1. The 23rd CBSE annual pre-exam psychological Counselling had started from 01.02.2020.
2. A dedicated additional free of cost CBSE helpline for students and general masses was also pressed into service during the Lockdown period primarily to create awareness and deal with the pandemic Corona Virus.
3. The board further provided counseling to the students stranded in hostels of affiliated schools from 01.04.20 to 14.04.20 thus constantly working to mitigate students’ problems and ensure their mental well-being in the times of uncertainty