CBSE Class 8 Science - Revision (3)
Chapter wise assignments are being given by teachers to students to make them understand the chapter concepts. Its extremely critical for all CBSE students to practice all assignments which will help them in gaining better marks in examinations. All assignments available for free download on the website are developed by the best teachers having many years of teaching experience in CBSE schools all over the country. Students, teachers and parents are advised to download the CBSE study material.
1. Define the following terms
a. Latent heat of vaporization
b. Latent heat of fusion
2. Why do soft drink bottles cool better in ice than in water?
3. Why are the burns caused by steam more severe than those caused by
boiling water ?
4. When we go for vaccination, the Dr. rubs a little spirit on our skin and we immediately
feel very cool at that spot. Why?
5. Observe the given table
substance Specific heat capacity(cal/g°C)
100 g of each substance is heated from 30°C to 40°C.
a) Calculate the amount of heat required in each case
b) Which metal requires the greatest amount of heat and which one the least?
1. Explain the formation of Oxide ion from oxygen atom. Show it as
representation in word form as well as diagrammatic form
2. Write any five common radioisotopes and their uses.
Please click the below link to access CBSE Class 8 Science - Revision (3)
Click for more Science Study Material ›