CBSE Class 12 Geography Worksheet (1) - Practice worksheets for CBSE students. Prepared by teachers of the best CBSE schools in India.
CLASS: XII GEOGRAPHY (Book A-Fundamentals of Human Geography)
Chapter 1– Human Geography Nature & Scope
1. Define Human Geography. Explain three sub-field of Human Geography.
2. Explain three points about the scope of Human Geography.
3. Describe the concept of Environmental determinism, possibilism, and Neo-determinism or stop and go determinism.
4. Describe three main features of possibilism approach in Human Geography.
5. State three characteristics of Human Geography given by Ellen C. Semple, Ratzel and Vidal de la Blache.
6. Make the correct pairs of each item of List I by selecting the appropriate word from List II
List I : fields of Human Geography
1.1 : Social Geography
1.2 : Political Geography
1.3 : Economic Geography
List II : Disciplines of Social Science
A : Urban Studies and Planning
B : Agricultural Sciences
C : Demography
D : History
E : Military Science
Chapter 2 : The World Population : Distribution, Density & Growth
1. What do you mean by Arithmetic Density of population? Explain geographical & economic factors affecting population density in the world.
2. What do you mean by Natural growth of population? How is Positive Growth of population different from Negative growth of population?
3. What do you mean by International migration? State its two sub types. Explain the Push & the Pull factors affecting migration in the world.
4. What do you mean by growth rate of population? How is the crude Birth rate & Death rate computed? Explain the three components of population change.
5. Define demographic cycle. Explain the three-staged model of Demographic Transition Theory with the help of a diagram.
Students must free download and practice these worksheets to gain more marks in exams.