CBSE Physics Question Paper for Class 12 CBSE exams for CBSE Students. Based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. The students should practice these Question Papers to gain perfection which will help him to get more marks in CBSE examination. Please refer to more CBSE Class 12 question papers in other links. The CBSE Question papers are prepared based on trend in past examinations and expected questions in CBSE exams. Its always recommended by CBSE to practice the papers released by CBSE to get better exams in CBSE exams. CBSE Last Year Question Papers for class 12 for final/ term/ SA1/ SA2 Examinations conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education for all CBSE affiliated schools in India and abroad. Please refer to more CBSE Class XII sample papers, question papers, HOTs etc in other links.
General Instructions :
(i) All questions are compulsory.
(ii) There is no overall choice. However, an internal choice has been provided in one question of two marks, one question of three marks and one question of five marks. You have to attempt only one of the choices in such questions.
(iii) Question numbers 1 to 5 are very short answer type questions, carrying one mark each.
(iv) Question numbers 6 to 12 are short answer type questions, carrying two marks each.
(v) Question numbers 13 to 24 are also short answer type questions, carrying three marks each.
(vi) Question numbers 25 to 27 are long answer type questions, carrying five marks each.
(vii) Use of calculators is not permitted. However, you may use log tables, if necessary.
(viii) You may use the following values of physical constants wherever necessary :
1. An electrostatic field line cannot be discontinuous. Why ?
2. Two wires of equal lengths are bent in the form of two loops. One of the loops is square shaped whereas the other loop is circular. These are suspended in a uniform magnetic field and the same current is passed through them. Which loop will experience greater torque ? Give reasons.
3. A bulb and a capacitor are connected in series to an a.c. source of variable frequency. How will the brightness of the bulb change on increasing the frequency of the a.c. source ? Give reason.
4. Ultraviolet light is incident on two photosensitive materials having work functions W1 and W2 (W1 > W2). In which case will the kinetic energy of the emitted electrons be greater ? Why ?
5. What is the function of ‘cladding’ in a typical optical fibre ?
6. Define electric field intensity. Write its S.I. unit. Write the magnitude and direction of electric field intensity due to an electric dipole of length 2a at the mid-point of the line joining the two charges.
7. A parallel plate capacitor is to be designed with a voltage rating 1 kV using a material of dielectric constant 3 and dielectric strength about 107 Vm-1. For safety we would like the field never to exceed say, 10% of the dipole strength. What minimum area of the plates is required to have a capacitance of 50 pF ?
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 12 Physics Outside Delhi Question Paper 2013 (2)