CBSE class 5 mathematics covers topics shapes & spatial understanding, numbers and operations, mental arithmetic, fractional numbers, money, measurement, length, data handling, patterns, access study material for mathematics, students can free download in pdf, practice to get better marks in examinations. all study material has been prepared based on latest guidelines, term examination pattern and blueprint issued by cbse and ncert
click on tabs below for class 5 mathematics worksheets, assignments, syllabus, ncert cbse books, ncert solutions, hots, multiple choice questions (mcqs), important formulas, equations, easy to learn concepts and study notes of all class 5 mathematics chapters, online tests, value based questions (vbqs), sample papers and last year solved question papers
Please see below the syllabus for class 5 Mathematics. The syllabus followed is prescribed by CBSE and the books recommended to be referred to by students has been published by NCERT. Students are advised to strictly follow the syllabus and also apart from NCERT they can refer to extra books and worksheets as suggested by their school teachers.
Shapes and Spatial Understanding
• Gets the feel of perspective while drawing a 3-D object in 2-D.
• Gets the feel of an angle through observation and paper folding.
• Identifies right angles in the environment.
• Classifies angles into right, acute and obtuse angles.
• Represents right angle, acute angle and obtuse angle by drawing and tracing.
• Explores intuitively rotations and reflections of familiar 2-D shapes.
• Explores intuitively symmetry in familiar 3-D shapes.
• Makes the shapes of cubes, cylinders and cones using nets especially designed for this purpose.
Numbers And Operations
• Finds place value in numbers beyond 1000.
• Appreciates the role of place value in addition, subtraction and multiplication algorithms.
• Uses informal and standard division algorithms.
• Explains the meaning of factors and multiples.
• Estimates sums, differences, products and quotients and verifies using approximation.
• Finds the fractional part of a collection.
• Compares fractions.
• Identifies equivalent fractions.
• Estimates the degree of closeness of a fraction to known
• Uses decimal fractions in the context of units of length and money.
• Expresses a given fraction in decimal notation and vice versa.
• Applies the four operations in solving problems involving money.
• Determines area and perimeter of simple geometrical figures.
• Applies the four operations in solving problems involving length, weight and volume.
• Relates commonly used larger and smaller units of length, weight and volume and converts one to the other.
• Applies simple fractions to quantities.
• Converts fractional larger unit into complete smaller units.
• Appreciates volume of a solid body: intuitively and also by informal measurement.
• Uses addition and subtraction in finding time intervals in simple cases.
• Collects two-dimensional quantitative data represents the data in the form of a table.
• Draws a bar graph or a pictograph to present a data.
• Identifies patterns in square numbers, triangular numbers.
• Relates sequences of odd numbers between consecutive square numbers.
• Makes border strip and tiling patterns.
Latest CBSE News
- STUDIES TODAY is offering CBSE sample paper for free. CBSE sample papers are the last stage of preparation for many students ( and starting for few) of 10 standard. When you are at the stage of your session, where you have finished the course 2 months ago and revising it for a millionth time and not sure where to start again. Then, my friend, you have reached the point where you have to test...
- Get NCERT solution for Class 10 at no cost. Yes, you heard it right STUDIES TODAY is offering students NCERT solutions for free. What are you waiting for! Go subscribe to STUDIES TODAY newsletter today to get more updates on NCERT solutions for more. Class 10th is the most important juncture of students life, Where studies stand at the foremost amongst other priorities. With cutthroat competition...
- Download NCERT solutions for free offered by STUDIES TODAY. NCERT solution are now available for every class related to every subject at Studies today. What is NCERT solution? And how studies today alters it. NCERT solution are the already available solved and answered questions from NCERT notebooks by CBSE, to help students understand the requirement of coursework and how to answer them to...
- NCERT is currently in the process of revising the books of all classes based on the syllabus recommendations received from parents across the country and recommendations from CBSE and government. The soft copies of the current version of the NCERT books are also available on NCERT website and on studiestoday.com for free download by students. NCERT has also kick started the process of introducing...
- Get all the NCERT provided material like NCERT solution for class 12 for free, Sample papers for class 12 are available on STUDIES TODAY. National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) is the prescribed academic material brand by CBSE. Therefore, all the material are provided by NCERT like CBSE sample papers for class 12, NCERT solution for class 12 etc. The way these papers and...
- In line with the Digital India mission of PM Modi, CBSE has planned to send mark sheets and other related documents for class 10 and class 12 students digitally via digital lockers. This move will help more than 80 lakh students to get their documents like marksheets, migration certificates and passing certificates on the date of declaration of results itself. The certificates and other documents...
- The HRD ministry is working on revising the syllabus for all classes. The revised syllabus will be applicable from session starting in 2019. Suggestions were invited from Students, teachers and parents through the link provided on the HRD website. Based on the suggestion the teams at HRD, CBSE and NCERT are working on the new education policy and revised syllabus for all classes. It was announced...