CBSE class 5 mathematics covers topics shapes & spatial understanding, numbers and operations, mental arithmetic, fractional numbers, money, measurement, length, data handling, patterns, access study material for mathematics, students can free download in pdf, practice to get better marks in examinations. all study material has been prepared based on latest guidelines, term examination pattern and blueprint issued by cbse and ncert
click on tabs below for class 5 mathematics worksheets, assignments, syllabus, ncert cbse books, ncert solutions, hots, multiple choice questions (mcqs), important formulas, equations, easy to learn concepts and study notes of all class 5 mathematics chapters, online tests, value based questions (vbqs), sample papers and last year solved question papers
Please see below the syllabus for class 5 Mathematics. The syllabus followed is prescribed by CBSE and the books recommended to be referred to by students has been published by NCERT. Students are advised to strictly follow the syllabus and also apart from NCERT they can refer to extra books and worksheets as suggested by their school teachers.
Shapes and Spatial Understanding
• Gets the feel of perspective while drawing a 3-D object in 2-D.
• Gets the feel of an angle through observation and paper folding.
• Identifies right angles in the environment.
• Classifies angles into right, acute and obtuse angles.
• Represents right angle, acute angle and obtuse angle by drawing and tracing.
• Explores intuitively rotations and reflections of familiar 2-D shapes.
• Explores intuitively symmetry in familiar 3-D shapes.
• Makes the shapes of cubes, cylinders and cones using nets especially designed for this purpose.
Numbers And Operations
• Finds place value in numbers beyond 1000.
• Appreciates the role of place value in addition, subtraction and multiplication algorithms.
• Uses informal and standard division algorithms.
• Explains the meaning of factors and multiples.
• Estimates sums, differences, products and quotients and verifies using approximation.
• Finds the fractional part of a collection.
• Compares fractions.
• Identifies equivalent fractions.
• Estimates the degree of closeness of a fraction to known
• Uses decimal fractions in the context of units of length and money.
• Expresses a given fraction in decimal notation and vice versa.
• Applies the four operations in solving problems involving money.
• Determines area and perimeter of simple geometrical figures.
• Applies the four operations in solving problems involving length, weight and volume.
• Relates commonly used larger and smaller units of length, weight and volume and converts one to the other.
• Applies simple fractions to quantities.
• Converts fractional larger unit into complete smaller units.
• Appreciates volume of a solid body: intuitively and also by informal measurement.
• Uses addition and subtraction in finding time intervals in simple cases.
• Collects two-dimensional quantitative data represents the data in the form of a table.
• Draws a bar graph or a pictograph to present a data.
• Identifies patterns in square numbers, triangular numbers.
• Relates sequences of odd numbers between consecutive square numbers.
• Makes border strip and tiling patterns.
Latest CBSE News
- Prime Minister Mr Narendra Modi to Interact with students today and give advise and tips on how to tackle examination pressure. All students and specifically students of class 10 and class 12 must listen to him today. Watch the live telecast on www.studiestoday.com here:
- Google has partnered with NCERT to educate children on Digital Citizenship and Safety. As per latest news from Google, they will help NCERT in designing study material on awareness on being good and responsible digital citizens. This new curriculum will be introduced in computers or Information and Communication Technology (ICT) curriculum in schools from class 1 till class 12. Nowadays students...
- It has been confirmed that NCERT books and syllabus will now be applicable in all UP board schools. This was confirmed by the UP deputy chief minister Dinesh Sharma. The new NCERT pattern will be applicable from next session onwards. This move is in line with many other states who have made NCERT books mandatory in their schools. This has been done to make the education at par with the CBSE...
- The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has started its helpline for students appearing in the upcoming examinations. The board exams for class 10 and class 12 are due to start from 5th March and will continue till 13th April. To help the students to resolve any query they might have for the examinations or to get tips from teachers they can call the helpline started by CBSE. The...
- The CBSE board has made available the links from where the Admit card for board exams, list of candidates and examination centre material for class 10 and 12 board examinations can be downloaded. The same has been announced for private candidates too and they can also now download the admit card or Intimation letter for Private Candidates. The schools have to login into the CBSE portal with their...