Click below for Class 5 Mathematics NCERT Solutions, printable worksheets, assignments with practice questions, latest syllabus, NCERT and CBSE books, HOTs, Multiple Choice Questions (mcqs), Important formulas, Equations, easy to learn concepts and study notes of all Class 5 Mathematics also get free Sample papers and last year Solved Question Papers. Moreover, you can also download CBSE class 5 English Syllabus in PDF Form.
Please see below the syllabus for class 5 Mathematics. The syllabus followed is prescribed by CBSE and the books recommended to be referred to by students has been published by NCERT. Students are advised to strictly follow the syllabus and also apart from NCERT they can refer to extra books and worksheets as suggested by their school teachers.
Shapes and Spatial Understanding
• Gets the feel of perspective while drawing a 3-D object in 2-D.
• Gets the feel of an angle through observation and paper folding.
• Identifies right angles in the environment.
• Classifies angles into right, acute and obtuse angles.
• Represents right angle, acute angle and obtuse angle by drawing and tracing.
• Explores intuitively rotations and reflections of familiar 2-D shapes.
• Explores intuitively symmetry in familiar 3-D shapes.
• Makes the shapes of cubes, cylinders and cones using nets especially designed for this purpose.
Numbers And Operations
• Finds place value in numbers beyond 1000.
• Appreciates the role of place value in addition, subtraction and multiplication algorithms.
• Uses informal and standard division algorithms.
• Explains the meaning of factors and multiples.
• Estimates sums, differences, products and quotients and verifies using approximation.
• Finds the fractional part of a collection.
• Compares fractions.
• Identifies equivalent fractions.
• Estimates the degree of closeness of a fraction to known
• Uses decimal fractions in the context of units of length and money.
• Expresses a given fraction in decimal notation and vice versa.
• Applies the four operations in solving problems involving money.
• Determines area and perimeter of simple geometrical figures.
• Applies the four operations in solving problems involving length, weight and volume.
• Relates commonly used larger and smaller units of length, weight and volume and converts one to the other.
• Applies simple fractions to quantities.
• Converts fractional larger unit into complete smaller units.
• Appreciates volume of a solid body: intuitively and also by informal measurement.
• Uses addition and subtraction in finding time intervals in simple cases.
• Collects two-dimensional quantitative data represents the data in the form of a table.
• Draws a bar graph or a pictograph to present a data.
• Identifies patterns in square numbers, triangular numbers.
• Relates sequences of odd numbers between consecutive square numbers.
• Makes border strip and tiling patterns.
Latest CBSE News
- NCERT i.e. National Council of Education Research and Training syllabus would be brought in the fresh academic year of class X and class XII in the Urdu and Hindi medium schools of Gujarat. This is a big and very welcoming step by the Gujarat State Board of Education. Download Urdu notes for class 10 Revealing those, on Saturday the officials told that the board has declared the welcoming of...
- The board exams are not only stressful for the students but also for the parents. The parents don’t only help the students in revision process. The parents are often at loss on the fact that how should they help their spouse before the boards. This specially occurs managing the stress before exams. Parents are often oblivious. It is a proven fact that stress hampers the student’s productivity on...
- In a highly patriotic and important move to highlight one of the greatest men of our nation, Atal Bihari Vajpayee, the National Council of Educational Research and Training has introduced one of the poems written by this great leader in the 8th standard textbook. Must download these NCERT solutions for class 8 Hindi for free. The NCERT has taken this move with an aim to instil respect for the...
- There are just a few days left for the 12th and 10th Boards exams of CBSE to begin. Keeping this in mind, following are some tips, hacks, and advice from learned people and toppers about how you can study last minute to further enhance your performance. Your performance in the exams depends greatly on your effort throughout the year. Hard work is the key to success and since you surely would have...
- Concentration while studying is as important. Without concentration no matter how long you have been sitting for nothing could be learnt. Like many things concentration is not something you can achieve in a night or so you have to work on it for a while. Here are some tips from some studios that may help you to improve concentration and score good. Find your motivation: many students go on...
- The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has come up with certain rules regarding the dress code of candidates appearing for the board examinations. The candidates have been specified what they should wear while coming for their examination as follows: The regular school students are required to come for the exam in their regular school uniform only. The private students are allowed to...
- Mr. TS Grewal can rightly be called the saviour for all students of commerce today. He was an eminent personality when it comes to subjects of Commerce and Management. He was not just an educationist but also a humanist who greatly inspired all those who were in touch with him. He had certain values, principles and the way of life he followed serves as a guiding light for many of us today. He...