Click below for Class 5 Mathematics NCERT Solutions, printable worksheets, assignments with practice questions, latest syllabus, NCERT and CBSE books, HOTs, Multiple Choice Questions (mcqs), Important formulas, Equations, easy to learn concepts and study notes of all Class 5 Mathematics also get free Sample papers and last year Solved Question Papers. Moreover, you can also download CBSE class 5 English Syllabus in PDF Form.
Please see below the syllabus for class 5 Mathematics. The syllabus followed is prescribed by CBSE and the books recommended to be referred to by students has been published by NCERT. Students are advised to strictly follow the syllabus and also apart from NCERT they can refer to extra books and worksheets as suggested by their school teachers.
Shapes and Spatial Understanding
• Gets the feel of perspective while drawing a 3-D object in 2-D.
• Gets the feel of an angle through observation and paper folding.
• Identifies right angles in the environment.
• Classifies angles into right, acute and obtuse angles.
• Represents right angle, acute angle and obtuse angle by drawing and tracing.
• Explores intuitively rotations and reflections of familiar 2-D shapes.
• Explores intuitively symmetry in familiar 3-D shapes.
• Makes the shapes of cubes, cylinders and cones using nets especially designed for this purpose.
Numbers And Operations
• Finds place value in numbers beyond 1000.
• Appreciates the role of place value in addition, subtraction and multiplication algorithms.
• Uses informal and standard division algorithms.
• Explains the meaning of factors and multiples.
• Estimates sums, differences, products and quotients and verifies using approximation.
• Finds the fractional part of a collection.
• Compares fractions.
• Identifies equivalent fractions.
• Estimates the degree of closeness of a fraction to known
• Uses decimal fractions in the context of units of length and money.
• Expresses a given fraction in decimal notation and vice versa.
• Applies the four operations in solving problems involving money.
• Determines area and perimeter of simple geometrical figures.
• Applies the four operations in solving problems involving length, weight and volume.
• Relates commonly used larger and smaller units of length, weight and volume and converts one to the other.
• Applies simple fractions to quantities.
• Converts fractional larger unit into complete smaller units.
• Appreciates volume of a solid body: intuitively and also by informal measurement.
• Uses addition and subtraction in finding time intervals in simple cases.
• Collects two-dimensional quantitative data represents the data in the form of a table.
• Draws a bar graph or a pictograph to present a data.
• Identifies patterns in square numbers, triangular numbers.
• Relates sequences of odd numbers between consecutive square numbers.
• Makes border strip and tiling patterns.
Latest CBSE News
- The last date of online registration for admissions in Kendriya Vidyalayas was March 19, 2019. The official portal is launched by KV Sangathan functioning under the Union ministry for human resources development (MHRD) on 1st of March 2019. Interested candidates can also submit an online application form through our portal. The vacant seats will declared again on 26th March 2019 and students can...
- The Central Board of Secondary Education has improved the introduction of arts in regular learning methodology for all subjects from class 1 to class 11. The step is being taken to incorporate suggestions from associates, proposed by National Curriculum Framework (NCF) that stated: “we must bring the arts precisely into the field of the curricular”. All the details regarding the implementation,...
- This year board has introduced the new passing criteria for CBSE class 10 students. As per the norms, the board has decided to change the passing criteria for the CBSE class 10 students. According to the latest updates by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) i.e. the board has decided to give relaxation to the students. Here is the good news for the CBSE class 10 students. All the...
- CBSE Class 10, 12 Results 2019: After so many predictions, rumours about the CBSE class 10th and class 12th results, finally the date is out now and the dates are also confirmed by the CBSE officials. According to the CBSE officials, the result will be declared by after the May 1st week i.e. between May 8, 2019, and May 15, 2019. Download CBSE class 10 Physics electricity notes prepared by expert...
- The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is likely to declare the result by May third week for class 10th and 12th. CBSE is ready for further processes. The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has been announced the Re-verification and Re-evaluation schedule on April 11, 2019. All those students who have doubts or not happy with the correction of papers can fill the Re-verification...
- As per the norms, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has been announced strict rules regarding the change of school for reasons like better education, etc. On 5th April 2019, CBSE has made a list of documents that parents, as well as students, will have to give for direct admissions in Class X and XII. The following are the documents required to take admissions in Class X and XII are...
- As per the new rules and regulations of the High Court, all private schools are not bound to enhance their fee structure without the prior permission of the Fee Fixation Committee (FFC). Besides that directorate advised private schools to follow the prescribed curriculum. Directorate of School Education, Jammu has made certain changes regarding the buying of books, uniforms of private schools of...