CBSE class 5 mathematics covers topics shapes & spatial understanding, numbers and operations, mental arithmetic, fractional numbers, money, measurement, length, data handling, patterns, access study material for mathematics, students can free download in pdf, practice to get better marks in examinations. all study material has been prepared based on latest guidelines, term examination pattern and blueprint issued by cbse and ncert
click on tabs below for class 5 mathematics worksheets, assignments, syllabus, ncert cbse books, ncert solutions, hots, multiple choice questions (mcqs), important formulas, equations, easy to learn concepts and study notes of all class 5 mathematics chapters, online tests, value based questions (vbqs), sample papers and last year solved question papers
Please see below the syllabus for class 5 Mathematics. The syllabus followed is prescribed by CBSE and the books recommended to be referred to by students has been published by NCERT. Students are advised to strictly follow the syllabus and also apart from NCERT they can refer to extra books and worksheets as suggested by their school teachers.
Shapes and Spatial Understanding
• Gets the feel of perspective while drawing a 3-D object in 2-D.
• Gets the feel of an angle through observation and paper folding.
• Identifies right angles in the environment.
• Classifies angles into right, acute and obtuse angles.
• Represents right angle, acute angle and obtuse angle by drawing and tracing.
• Explores intuitively rotations and reflections of familiar 2-D shapes.
• Explores intuitively symmetry in familiar 3-D shapes.
• Makes the shapes of cubes, cylinders and cones using nets especially designed for this purpose.
Numbers And Operations
• Finds place value in numbers beyond 1000.
• Appreciates the role of place value in addition, subtraction and multiplication algorithms.
• Uses informal and standard division algorithms.
• Explains the meaning of factors and multiples.
• Estimates sums, differences, products and quotients and verifies using approximation.
• Finds the fractional part of a collection.
• Compares fractions.
• Identifies equivalent fractions.
• Estimates the degree of closeness of a fraction to known
• Uses decimal fractions in the context of units of length and money.
• Expresses a given fraction in decimal notation and vice versa.
• Applies the four operations in solving problems involving money.
• Determines area and perimeter of simple geometrical figures.
• Applies the four operations in solving problems involving length, weight and volume.
• Relates commonly used larger and smaller units of length, weight and volume and converts one to the other.
• Applies simple fractions to quantities.
• Converts fractional larger unit into complete smaller units.
• Appreciates volume of a solid body: intuitively and also by informal measurement.
• Uses addition and subtraction in finding time intervals in simple cases.
• Collects two-dimensional quantitative data represents the data in the form of a table.
• Draws a bar graph or a pictograph to present a data.
• Identifies patterns in square numbers, triangular numbers.
• Relates sequences of odd numbers between consecutive square numbers.
• Makes border strip and tiling patterns.
Latest CBSE News
- The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has started the process for class 9th and class 11th students to register for the Board examinations of 2020. The CBSE has sent out circulars to all the CBSE affiliated schools on 1st October 2018 and have intimated the schools about the process to be followed by the schools for registering their class 9th and class 11th students for the board...
- CBSE has issued a circular providing details regarding the board exams to be held for class 10 and class 12 in 2019. The circular gives details of the subjects for which the exams will be held in February 2019, March 2019 and April 2019. Read below to get all details- The Hon’ble High Court had instructed CBSE and Delhi University to ensure that the results of the re-evaluation are also taken...
- NCERT and CBSE has been planning to make many changes in the syllabus for 2019. As per the announcement from the government the syllabus was initially planned to be reduced by almost 50% but now the syllabus reduction will be done gradually over a period of many years. During this time many chapters will be modified, deleted and new chapters might also be added based on the latest education trend...
- CBSE has issued a circular to all schools in relation to the 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi and has asked schools to involve kids into various activities. These activities have to be started by the CBSE affiliated schools starting 2nd October and should continue for an year. The activities have to be planned by the schools and should increase awareness amongst students relating to...
- In continuation to earlier Circular issued by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on guidelines for Safe and Effective Use of Internet and Digital Technologies in schools and school buses, it is brought to the notice of the schools that precautions may be taken against an online game namely ‘Momo Challenge’. In this connection, Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (...
- CBSE has issued notification relating to the Board examination 2019 for class 10 and class 12. CBSE has clarified that the examinations will be held in March 2019 itself but the exams for Skill Education (Vocational) and related subjects will start in the second week of February 2019. There are 40 Skill Education (Vocational) subjects being offered in class 12 and 15 in class 10. Read the...
- Indiaskills competition is being held this year from 2nd October till 6th October. This event is held once in two years in which participants from all states in India come together to showcase their skills in a wide variety of activities. The state governments provide support to their respective participants. This year the competition will be held in Delhi at Aerocity. CBSE has also issued a...