Click below for Class 5 Mathematics NCERT Solutions, printable worksheets, assignments with practice questions, latest syllabus, NCERT and CBSE books, HOTs, Multiple Choice Questions (mcqs), Important formulas, Equations, easy to learn concepts and study notes of all Class 5 Mathematics also get free Sample papers and last year Solved Question Papers. Moreover, you can also download CBSE class 5 English Syllabus in PDF Form.
Please see below the syllabus for class 5 Mathematics. The syllabus followed is prescribed by CBSE and the books recommended to be referred to by students has been published by NCERT. Students are advised to strictly follow the syllabus and also apart from NCERT they can refer to extra books and worksheets as suggested by their school teachers.
Shapes and Spatial Understanding
• Gets the feel of perspective while drawing a 3-D object in 2-D.
• Gets the feel of an angle through observation and paper folding.
• Identifies right angles in the environment.
• Classifies angles into right, acute and obtuse angles.
• Represents right angle, acute angle and obtuse angle by drawing and tracing.
• Explores intuitively rotations and reflections of familiar 2-D shapes.
• Explores intuitively symmetry in familiar 3-D shapes.
• Makes the shapes of cubes, cylinders and cones using nets especially designed for this purpose.
Numbers And Operations
• Finds place value in numbers beyond 1000.
• Appreciates the role of place value in addition, subtraction and multiplication algorithms.
• Uses informal and standard division algorithms.
• Explains the meaning of factors and multiples.
• Estimates sums, differences, products and quotients and verifies using approximation.
• Finds the fractional part of a collection.
• Compares fractions.
• Identifies equivalent fractions.
• Estimates the degree of closeness of a fraction to known
• Uses decimal fractions in the context of units of length and money.
• Expresses a given fraction in decimal notation and vice versa.
• Applies the four operations in solving problems involving money.
• Determines area and perimeter of simple geometrical figures.
• Applies the four operations in solving problems involving length, weight and volume.
• Relates commonly used larger and smaller units of length, weight and volume and converts one to the other.
• Applies simple fractions to quantities.
• Converts fractional larger unit into complete smaller units.
• Appreciates volume of a solid body: intuitively and also by informal measurement.
• Uses addition and subtraction in finding time intervals in simple cases.
• Collects two-dimensional quantitative data represents the data in the form of a table.
• Draws a bar graph or a pictograph to present a data.
• Identifies patterns in square numbers, triangular numbers.
• Relates sequences of odd numbers between consecutive square numbers.
• Makes border strip and tiling patterns.
Latest CBSE News
- As per the latest updates, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is thinking to stop many of its subjects. There are existing subjects in which students don’t take interest at all. In past few years there are subjects which are not entertained by the students so CBSE feels that these are better to shut these kind of subjects. The CBSE board has asked for suggestions from the schools...
- If you’re the one who opted for the medical stream because you liked studying biology. Unfortunately, you have been unable to clear the NEET exam and now worried about their future. Actually, most people think that career options for PCB end at medical. Today in this article we will be talking about some of the career options for PCB stream which students can pursue after class 12th. Here is the...
- When it comes to scoring good marks in the board exams, most of the students waste their time to choosing the right study material. Sometimes it may lead to failure because of the wrong study material. National Education, Research and Training Council (NCERT) have been responsible for distributing the textbooks to students and for their development. NCERT books are very helpful to understand the...
- As soon as the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) result dates coming closer, rumours are also on the peak of its level. All the suppositions are meaningless because the board officials confirmed the declaration date of class 10th and class 12th results. This year CBSE class 10th and class 12th exams have started in the month of February and ended in the Ist week of April. As per the...
- As it is the beginning of a new school year, every 11th class CBSE passed student is eager and making plans on how to score the best in their class 12th CBSE boards. It definitely is a good start to reach their goal of scoring 90+ percentages in the exams. Students who have opted for the science stream often get very stressed upon how they are going to perform, let me tell you something…scoring a...
- A computer has become very much important nowadays because it can perform tasks very easily, accurate and fast. Due to the increasing usage of computers, there are so many jobs available in enormous fields. If you are interested in working in fields of computers then these are the 3 main courses available for you i.e. BCA, B.TechComputer Science and B.Sc Computer Science. It may become confusing...
- As per the latest updates, the Central Board of Secondary Education is thinking to make changes in the regular pattern of practical examinations being conducted for students in the CBSE affiliated schools. The Board has decided to conduct the practical examinations at external examination centres. According to the information released by the board, the board is expected to conduct the practical...