CBSE class 5 mathematics covers topics shapes & spatial understanding, numbers and operations, mental arithmetic, fractional numbers, money, measurement, length, data handling, patterns, access study material for mathematics, students can free download in pdf, practice to get better marks in examinations. all study material has been prepared based on latest guidelines, term examination pattern and blueprint issued by cbse and ncert
click on tabs below for class 5 mathematics worksheets, assignments, syllabus, ncert cbse books, ncert solutions, hots, multiple choice questions (mcqs), important formulas, equations, easy to learn concepts and study notes of all class 5 mathematics chapters, online tests, value based questions (vbqs), sample papers and last year solved question papers
Please see below the syllabus for class 5 Mathematics. The syllabus followed is prescribed by CBSE and the books recommended to be referred to by students has been published by NCERT. Students are advised to strictly follow the syllabus and also apart from NCERT they can refer to extra books and worksheets as suggested by their school teachers.
Shapes and Spatial Understanding
• Gets the feel of perspective while drawing a 3-D object in 2-D.
• Gets the feel of an angle through observation and paper folding.
• Identifies right angles in the environment.
• Classifies angles into right, acute and obtuse angles.
• Represents right angle, acute angle and obtuse angle by drawing and tracing.
• Explores intuitively rotations and reflections of familiar 2-D shapes.
• Explores intuitively symmetry in familiar 3-D shapes.
• Makes the shapes of cubes, cylinders and cones using nets especially designed for this purpose.
Numbers And Operations
• Finds place value in numbers beyond 1000.
• Appreciates the role of place value in addition, subtraction and multiplication algorithms.
• Uses informal and standard division algorithms.
• Explains the meaning of factors and multiples.
• Estimates sums, differences, products and quotients and verifies using approximation.
• Finds the fractional part of a collection.
• Compares fractions.
• Identifies equivalent fractions.
• Estimates the degree of closeness of a fraction to known
• Uses decimal fractions in the context of units of length and money.
• Expresses a given fraction in decimal notation and vice versa.
• Applies the four operations in solving problems involving money.
• Determines area and perimeter of simple geometrical figures.
• Applies the four operations in solving problems involving length, weight and volume.
• Relates commonly used larger and smaller units of length, weight and volume and converts one to the other.
• Applies simple fractions to quantities.
• Converts fractional larger unit into complete smaller units.
• Appreciates volume of a solid body: intuitively and also by informal measurement.
• Uses addition and subtraction in finding time intervals in simple cases.
• Collects two-dimensional quantitative data represents the data in the form of a table.
• Draws a bar graph or a pictograph to present a data.
• Identifies patterns in square numbers, triangular numbers.
• Relates sequences of odd numbers between consecutive square numbers.
• Makes border strip and tiling patterns.
Latest CBSE News
- Google has tied up with CBSE to help them to show results for the board exams for class 10 and class 12. The CBSE results website faces huge pressure during the results day with thousands of students struggling with the slow speed of the website to get their results. In the past this has led to server going really slow or not responding at all. This year to meet the demand of millions of students...
- Due to the increasing demand of NCERT books across India NCERT has issued a helpline number and email address for students. In case of non availability of books or regarding edition/ prices of the books students can call on the given numbers or send NCERT an email to seek clarifications. NCERT books are being implemented by many state boards across India due to which the demand for the books have...
- The India STEM Foundation is jointly organizing the World Robot Olympiad (WRO) 2018 with National Council of Science Museum (NCSM), an autonomous society under the Ministry of Culture, Government of India. The key objectives of this Olympiad are to build scientific temperament and 21st century skills in students, foster an eco-system of tinkering aimed at promoting innovative and creative...
- CBSE has issued the following circular regarding celebrating World Environment Day: World Environment Day is celebrated on June 5 every year. This year India is hosting the World Environment Day 2018 at global level in collaboration with UN Environment on the theme “Plastic Pollution" You are, therefore, requested to sensitize students by organizing awareness programmes on environmental...
- Finally the results for JOINT ENTRANCE EXAMINATION (MAIN) - 2018 have been declared Check Results here - http://cbseresults.nic.in/Jee_main_pzy/jee_cbse_2018.htm Then enter your details on the screen as shown below
- There was no curriculum designed or suggested by NCERT for pre school students due to which pre schools follow their own curriculum and prepare the students to attend regular school. In order to standardize the education system in pre schools also NCERT has come out with suggested curriculum for pre school students also. NCERT has come out with two documents:-“Guidelines for Preschool Education”...
- There have been speculations that the results for class 12 and class 10 board exams might be delayed this year due to multiple reasons like examinations conducted after a gap of many years, re examination conducted for class 12 economics paper, coordination requirements amongst schools and CBSE etc. CBSE has not notified any specific date for the declaration of the results but as per an official...