Click below for Class 5 Mathematics NCERT Solutions, printable worksheets, assignments with practice questions, latest syllabus, NCERT and CBSE books, HOTs, Multiple Choice Questions (mcqs), Important formulas, Equations, easy to learn concepts and study notes of all Class 5 Mathematics also get free Sample papers and last year Solved Question Papers. Moreover, you can also download CBSE class 5 English Syllabus in PDF Form.
Please see below the syllabus for class 5 Mathematics. The syllabus followed is prescribed by CBSE and the books recommended to be referred to by students has been published by NCERT. Students are advised to strictly follow the syllabus and also apart from NCERT they can refer to extra books and worksheets as suggested by their school teachers.
Shapes and Spatial Understanding
• Gets the feel of perspective while drawing a 3-D object in 2-D.
• Gets the feel of an angle through observation and paper folding.
• Identifies right angles in the environment.
• Classifies angles into right, acute and obtuse angles.
• Represents right angle, acute angle and obtuse angle by drawing and tracing.
• Explores intuitively rotations and reflections of familiar 2-D shapes.
• Explores intuitively symmetry in familiar 3-D shapes.
• Makes the shapes of cubes, cylinders and cones using nets especially designed for this purpose.
Numbers And Operations
• Finds place value in numbers beyond 1000.
• Appreciates the role of place value in addition, subtraction and multiplication algorithms.
• Uses informal and standard division algorithms.
• Explains the meaning of factors and multiples.
• Estimates sums, differences, products and quotients and verifies using approximation.
• Finds the fractional part of a collection.
• Compares fractions.
• Identifies equivalent fractions.
• Estimates the degree of closeness of a fraction to known
• Uses decimal fractions in the context of units of length and money.
• Expresses a given fraction in decimal notation and vice versa.
• Applies the four operations in solving problems involving money.
• Determines area and perimeter of simple geometrical figures.
• Applies the four operations in solving problems involving length, weight and volume.
• Relates commonly used larger and smaller units of length, weight and volume and converts one to the other.
• Applies simple fractions to quantities.
• Converts fractional larger unit into complete smaller units.
• Appreciates volume of a solid body: intuitively and also by informal measurement.
• Uses addition and subtraction in finding time intervals in simple cases.
• Collects two-dimensional quantitative data represents the data in the form of a table.
• Draws a bar graph or a pictograph to present a data.
• Identifies patterns in square numbers, triangular numbers.
• Relates sequences of odd numbers between consecutive square numbers.
• Makes border strip and tiling patterns.
Latest CBSE News
- Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is planning to conduct the board exams for the class 10th and 12th students in the upcoming February. The CBSE board is planning to release the timetable for the exams soon. Now, the mindset of every student is to score the good works in the examination. Not all the hard working students will get the top marks in the examination. The one who studies...
- On the one hand, students enjoy a lot while solving the problems on the mathematics subject. On the other hand, some students cry out when they prepare for their exam. Getting a good mark in the mathematics exam is not that difficult but many students didn't recognize it. The biggest problems in mathematics exam which a student normally face during the exam are timing, getting wrong answers in...
- CBSE has released the datesheet for the upcoming board examination for class 12. The board exams are scheduled to start in February 2019 with main exams to be starting from March 2019
- Every student's dream is to score the good marks in the final board examination as the future of the student will depend on the result of these exams. The Central Board of Secondary Education conducted Board Examinations are only a few months away from now. This period is high time for every student to start their preparation seriously so that they can score well in their final examinations. CBSE...
- CBSE board exams are going to be conducted in the next few months, and students are trying their best to get the good marks in the examination. Even though students studying in CBSE schools put maximum effort, mathematics subject alone remain a nightmare for many CBSE students till now. To help their students in the proper way, school teachers and mathematics experts are giving good advice to the...
- On Friday, Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) has announced the board exam date sheet. According to the news, the exam for the matriculation and intermediate schools will be held next year. The board has also announced the date of the exams. According to the circular from the Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB), the matric exams will be held from 21/02/2019 to 28/02/2019, and the...
- Many CBSE students who are all preparing for their Class X exams do not prepare well for the English exams because they always try to focus on the mainstream subjects. When they are on the go for scoring more marks for the main subjects, their performance level and the marks got greatly reduced in English. English is a global language, so it is very important to learn that subject as it can help...