CBSE Assignment for Class X Social Science. Prepared by teachers of one of the best CBSE schools in Delhi. Based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. The students should practice these assignments to gain perfection which will help him to get more marks in CBSE examination.
Lesson – 1
Short Answer questions
Q.1 What was a community government?
Ans- It was elected by the people belonging to language community – Dutch French and German speaking no metter where they live. It deals with cultural, educational and language related issues.
Q.2 What was the political problems faced by Belgium?
Ans- Problems of ethnic composition-
1. 50% Dutch speaking, 40% French speaking, 1% German speaking
2. But in its capital- 80% French speaking, 20% Dutch speaking
3. French community was rich and powerful
Q.3 Explain the ethnic problem of Srilanka.
1) In Silence there are two communities' sinhala and Tamil
2) Among Tamils the Tamil natives who are called, Srilankan Tamils and the Indian Tamils whose forefathers come from India as plantation workers during the colonial period.
3) Most of the Sinhalas are Buddhist and Tamils are Hindus or Muslims. So in Srilanka the problem was who is going to hold power and enjoy the economic benefits
Long Answers questions
Q.1 How Belgian government solved its ethnic Problem ?
Ans- The Path of accommodation adopted in Belgium.
1) Dutch and French speaking ministers shall be equal in the central govt.
2) Many Powers of the central government have been given to state govt. The state govt are not subordinate to the central govt.
3) Brussels has a separate govt in which both the communities have equal representation.
4) There is a third kind of govt called community govt elected by the people belonging to Dutch, French and German no matter where they live.
Q.2 What is majoritariamisum? How it has led to alienation of majority community in Sri Lanka?
Ans- The dominance of majority community to rule the country in whichever way it wants totally disregarding the wishes and needs of minority community is known as majoritarianism
1) In srilanka mainly there are two communities- Sinhala and Tamils the leaders of the sinhala community sought to secure dominance over the govt by virtue of their majority. Sinhala has been recognized as the official language of the country by disregarding
2) Government followed a preferential policy favouring sinhalased in university portions and govt jobs.
3) The govt encouraged and protected Budhism The distrust has turned into a civil war that has caused a set back to social cultural and economic life of Srilanka.
Q.1 why is power sharing good for democracies?
Q.2 why power sharing is Desirables.
Q.3 Explain different forms of power sharing in modern democracies
Q.4 Explain the drawbacks of majoritarianism.
Q.5 it is possible to change the power sharing arrangement? If so How?
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 10 Civics Power Sharing